Trying older things -- Racket 6.7 on macOS 10.11.6 -- I see only a hint of this.

I do see the white rectangle (to the right of "MB") get left behind on
the desktop when the window is shrunk. But:

- I have to drag the window _up_ (not to the left).

- I see only _one_ such "dropping" (not a trail of them).

- It disappears when I release the trackpad a.k.a. mouse button (the
desktop is clean once the resize completes).

I definitely don't get the full "ooh is this some DrR advent calendar
easter egg" effect in your PNG.