> On Dec 18, 2017, at 11:05 AM, A Mauer-Oats <mauero...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I recently came across the following behavior in big-bang that was new to me.
> I am writing in case I have misunderstood something.
>
> 1. (stop-with model) does not run the draw handler one last time
> (this is documented but I'm not sure why this choice was made)

I can’t find this in the documentation. It promises the same properties as
stop-when (based on my reading).

> This means that a conditional in the draw handler cannot be used to draw a
> "win screen".
>
> 2. (stop-when predicate? final-draw-handler)
> the final-draw-handler runs at the stop of the animation, even if predicate?
> does not cause the animation to stop

I don’t know what you mean by this last sentence. If predicate? is never true,
the final-draw-handler won’t be called.

> The final-draw-handler is a fine creation.
> If we had access to it without the predicate? then students could use
> stop-when and get their win screen drawn without any extra baggage.
> For example:
> (to-draw ...)
> (to-draw-final ...)
>
> In addition, perhaps there could be an option / default of making the final
> draw handler be the same as the ordinary draw handler.

In my experience, the last picture shows something rather different than the
regular one. (With apologies to McMurtry.)

I will think about this and come up with a solution. — Matthias