> On Dec 29, 2017, at 10:41 PM, Matthew Butterick <m...@mbtype.com> wrote:
>

> The `define-macro` used in the `br/quicklang` language is not the same as the
> one in Racket's "legacy macro" library. [1] Rather, it's a simplified version
> of `syntax-parse`. [2]

Mea culpa. Then may I recommend to teach syntax annotations from the get-go? I
think it helps people who work thru individual stages of macros. It’s part of
the design recipe to get the call to macros right (examples, tests). Then
someone like Robert can discover that the language reader needs to warp certain
identifiers in quotes.