On Fri, Jan 19, 2018 at 9:45 AM, Robby Findler <ro...@eecs.northwestern.edu>
wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 19, 2018 at 8:30 AM, David Storrs <david.sto...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > #2: Please stop spamming the list with slightly divergent items on a
> given
> > subject.  Keep it confined to one subject line so that Gmail and the
> Google
> > Group will thread the discussion properly.  That way everyone can benefit
> > from it in the future and it doesn't choke our inboxes as much.
>
> These messages were caught in a spam trap. I just approved all of them
> at once. This isn't the OP's fault.

My point wasn't that a lot of messages came in at once, it was that they
were all related to one topic (sending email from within Racket) but they
all had different subject lines.  Google Groups (where the list is
archived) threads conversations based on their subject line, as do Gmail,
Apple Mail, and probably most other mail clients.  Hitting 'Reply All' on
an earlier message (your own or someone else's) is less effort than
composing a fresh email, it will be less obtrusive in people's inboxes, and
(most importantly) the list archive will recognize that all the messages
are connected and thus it will be easier for future readers to follow the
conversation.

(And is the html thing really that big a deal?)

It's likely that part of the reason they were caught in a spam trap was
because they were HTML and formatted with both very large font and half a
dozen different colors.  Also, as George points out, HTML formatting gets
fouled up far more easily than raw text.