> On Jan 25, 2018, at 8:48 AM, Jordan Johnson <j...@fellowhuman.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> One of my students is observing some strange behavior involving the Program
> Contour pane of DrRacket. He’s using v6.11 on OS X Yosemite 10.10.5.
>
> This is the top-right corner of his DrR window, with Program Contour open:
> <PastedGraphic-1.tiff>
>
> Upon pressing Cmd+U to hide it, this is what happens:
> <PastedGraphic-2.tiff>
>
> Additionally, the previous day he’d found that (with the Contour pane open)
> DrR was flickering while he typed, and (when I suggested closing the Contour
> pane to see if it was slowing down the window redraws) pressing Cmd+U or
> selecting the “Hide Program Contour” menu item did not hide the Contour pane.
>
> Any ideas of what we could do to diagnose this problem?

I believe the behavior of the contour window has changed recently, and I
conjecture that both mechanisms might still be implemented; would it help to
edit or remove the preferences file? I believe that you’ll find them in
~/Library/Preferences/, and there are two:

org.racket-lang.DrRacket.plist
org.racket-lang.prefs.rktd

I’m guessing the first is the one that would be relevant.

Just a thought,

John Clements