So I am using Racket's logging facilities in a command-line tool I'm
developing. I have various defined loggers in a sensible hierarchical
configuration for use as needed.

During the tool's start up period prior to calling the main function I set
up a log receiver to receive messages at the desired level and place it
inside a sync loop within its own thread. Each time a sync event is
received, it is written out to the port, then loop back to waiting for the
next sync event.

It works reasonably well except I have a new problem, when the tool exits,
it often exits before the thread handling the log receiver propagation to
the port has finished receiving all the log events, as a result my logging
output is frequently truncated.

Given this undesired situation, I need to figure out a better way to
reliably propagate all log messages to ports before the tool exits normally
or due to a raised exception.

There is `with-logging-to-port` except I will need to set up multiple ports
and the idea of wrapping the tool's main body with multiple
`with-logging-to-port` for each port isn't appealing and it still doesn't
resolve the problem.

I was wondering if anyone has a better suggestion? Is there a way to detect
if there are pending log events waiting to be received by the log receiver?

I realize the fundamental nature of my issue is that Racket's logging is
asynchronous while I want synchronous behavior. I may be better off just
using old-fashioned `println`s

Thank you for your suggestions.

Alexander McLin