One bit to add to the conversation... "racket -l blah" is another
convenient way to run "blah/main" at the command-line if you want
something convenient but feel bad for some reason taking a raco
sub-command.

On Tue, Mar 6, 2018 at 6:41 AM, Philip McGrath <phi...@philipmcgrath.com> wrote:
> Writing Racket tools for a small team of non-Racketeers (some of them
> basically non-programmers with limited command-line skills), I discovered
> that some of them (I don't remember how) managed to install Racket so that
> raco was in their PATH but executables created using racket-launcher-names
> were not, which led me to make some things raco sub-commands that I probably
> otherwise wouldn't have.
>
> -Philip
>
> On Mon, Mar 5, 2018 at 7:40 PM, Matthias Felleisen <matth...@felleisen.org>
> wrote:
>>

>> +1
>>

>> > On Mar 5, 2018, at 8:27 PM, 'John Clements' via Racket Users
>> > <racket-users@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Speaking *only* for myself, I like the fact that raco—like git—reduces
>> > the impact of racket on the “global namespace” of executables. I would
>> > personally be happy to have racket, drracket, and raco as the only
>> > executables.
>> >
>> > John

>> > --

-=[     Jay McCarthy               http://jeapostrophe.github.io    ]=-
-=[ Associate Professor        PLT @ CS @ UMass Lowell     ]=-
-=[ Moses 1:33: And worlds without number have I created; ]=-