It's still full of workarounds and doesn't do everything I'd like it to,
but it does package and run itself successfully!

Maybe I will call it 0.1 some time this month and put it into the racket
package space, but for now you can try it out by simply cloning and running ./racket2nix
<yourpackagenamehere> and see what kind of nix expression pops out on

I'm going to go ahead according to "better to ask for forgiveness than for
permission" and put up in the README that people are welcome to ask
questions about racket2nix here on racket-users. I don't expect huge
traffic, but if anybody objects, I'll remove it promptly.

For more options, visit