There are a lot of examples here, so I'll try to offer a broad
description of what's going on.

1. Non-linear patterns with `...` do not have the non-linear behavior
that you'd want, and fixing this requires changing how `...` is
implemented quite drastically. That's why there's a warning. It's not
an error because some programs exist that rely on the (not right)
behavior.

2. The unbound identifier problem is a bug.

3. `or` patterns indeed require that all of the disjuncts have the
same pattern variables.

4. `and` is indeed ordered, and you can rely on the ordering.

5. Being under `not` doesn't lift these restrictions, even though it
potentially could in some cases.

It may well be that the documentation can be clarified here, and I'd
be happy to take suggestions on how. And of course, 2 is a bug.

Sam