Well, I’m the maintainer of this package, but not it’s author, and I have an
answer for you, but … you’re going to be surprised. It’s pretty gross.

It turns out that the “sxml:document” function looks for local files *without*
a file: prefix. So, you can just call

(sxml:docmuent “/tmp/test.xml”)

You might regard this as pretty horrible, and in fact, I do too. In my defense,
I don’t think I’ve ever used this particular function. I usually just use
"ssax:xml->sxml” instead, which will also work for you.

I think I’m going to go ahead and make a unilateral change to this function;
I’d be surprised if anyone complains.

John Clements