My application retrieves chunks of files from the network and writes
them to disk, as well as writing certain data about them to the
database (e.g. where they are on disk and where they came from on the
network).

I've split these functions into separate files:

app/network/chunks.rkt
app/lib/db/chunks.rkt

This worked fine until now, but I've gotten to a point where they're
circular -- the network code needs to receive the chunk and then
forward it to the DB code, but if certain error conditions come up
then the DB code needs to tell the network code to re-request the
data.

There's various ways I could work around this (simplest being to put
all the functions in one file), but I'm wondering if there's a
recommended way?  C would solve this with a .h file.  Perl would solve
it with function prototypes (or simply be able to sort it out without
intervention).  What is the preferred Racket way, or am I simply not
thinking about it correctly?