Hi Sam,

On 5/21/2018 11:42 PM, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt wrote:
First, the default build of Racket 7 (according to the plan Matthew
posted to the racket-dev list on Feb 20) will have the new in-Racket
expander, but the default will not be to use Chez Scheme's runtime.

Second, the "cs" variant of Racket will map Racket futures onto Chez
pthreads, and many more operations are future-safe in that variant.
However, Racket threads still do not run in parallel in the "cs"
variant -- you need to use futures or places to make use of more than
one hardware core from Racket.

Sam

Thanks for the clarification.  I'm not on the developer list - I've just read the blog entries.  I have pretty much suspected all along that Racket would not rush to adopt kernel threads (other than internally to implement places).

George