On 08/29/2018 12:37 PM, Erich Rast wrote:
I have a preliminary scribbling for the manual
of a multi source package, but it doesn't show up in Racket's main
documentation when I install the package locally.

Here is the directory structure:

appy

|--info.rkt
|--appy

    |--<many source files>
    |--scribblings

       |--manual.scrbl

And "info.rkt" looks like this:

#lang info
(define version "0.1")
(define pkg-desc "a framework for cross-platform end-user applications
and their deployment")
(define collection 'multi)
(define distribution-preference 'source)
(define pkg-authors '("Erich Rast"))
(define scribblings '(("scribblings/manual.scrbl" main-doc
main-doc-root (library) "APPY: a framework for writing end-user GUI
applications")))

Raco install in the appy directory reports no errors, the package is
installed locally, but the "manual.scrblr" does not show up and does not
seem to be compiled. I've changed the path to
"appy/scribblings/manual.scrbl" without effect.

What's the correct way to set up the documentation? Related to this,
will raco pkg install report an error if my scribbling doesn't compile?

There are pkg-level info keys (like version, pkg-desc, collection, etc) and collects-level info keys (like scribblings, compile-omit-paths, etc). For single-collection layouts (ie, the collections key is a string instead of 'multi) they're combined into a single info.rkt file, but for multi-collection packages they're in different places.

Create a new info.rkt file in the apply *collection* directory (the same one that has the source files and the scribblings subdirectory) and move the scribblings definition there.

For an example of this organization in the main distribution, see the redex repository at https://github.com/racket/redex. In particular, look at the redex-doc (pkg) directory. It has a pkg-level info.rkt file, and the redex collection subdirectory has a collection-level info.rkt file with a scribblings entry.

(Actually, I believe any subdirectory can have an info file with keys like scribblings, compile-omit-paths, etc; just not the pkg root directory of a multi-collection package.)

Ryan