If I enter this in the REPL in my macOS Terminal
(string->list "hei")
then I get '(#\h #\e #\i), as expected, but if I replace "hei" with "høy",
the input line suddenly looks like this
(string->list "h\U+FFC3\U+FFB8y")
and what I get back is '(#\h #\y). The letter "ø" has been stripped away.
The same happens with letters "æ" and "ø", typical Norwegian characters.
Is there something I can do to make the macOS Terminal REPL handle these
Norwegian characters better?
In the DrRacket REPL this strange translation and stripping does not happen.