To clarify: neither my work nor Stephen's would allow you to re-use Typed
Racket's typechecking or inference. Rather, we're working to make it easy
to implement new eDSLs with custom type systems and intermediate
representations while remaining macro-extensible.

A few projects that have been inspiring to me on how to deal with some of
the challenges of compiling high-level, functional languages for GPU
computing are:

- Harlan, Eric Holk's PhD project. It addresses high-level approaches to
memory management and portability of first-class functions between CPU and
GPU. (https://pqdtopen.proquest.com/doc/1810156180.html?FMT=ABS,
https://github.com/eholk/harlan)
- Accelerate, which embeds GPU programs written in a functional programming
style in Haskell. (http://www.acceleratehs.org/)
- BraidGL, which uses multi-stage programming and cross-phase persistent
values to mediate the interaction between GPU and CPU code.
(https://www.cs.cornell.edu/~asampson/media/papers/braid-oopsla2017-preprint.pdf)

Having any of these ideas integrated with Racket's macros would be really
exciting. I expect to have some of my tools stable enough to be usable by
folks other than myself in the next month or so.  If you're interested in
building something and trying out an alpha, definitely send me an email.