This is similar to the argument of "why not use let* everywhere you use
let?" and there is no convincing answer IMO. I too am a big fan of pattern
matching, and I would appreciate a #lang where every binding form is a
pattern (ala ML, Haskell, ...). But in Racket as it exists today, I don't
really use define/match because it adds a bit of clutter when a single
"match" would suffice. If I had a cleaner version that was the default, I
would definitely use it.

Every once in a while I am tempted to create a #lang that does nothing but
reimplement the standard library functions and macros to be more to my
taste, but it would be a considerable effort with marginal returns.