Well, another possibility is : instead of call main.rkt, call start.sh
where start.sh can get the number of lines just using LINES environment
variable and use that as argument.

Something like :

#!/bin/sh
#start.sh

racket main.rkt $LINES

#end of start.sh

What do you think? Is ugly? There's a better way? Again, thanks a lot for
the help until here.