On Sat, Jan 12, 2019 at 06:44:26PM +0100, Tomasz Rola wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 12, 2019 at 11:10:27AM +0100, 'Paulo Matos' via Racket Users
> wrote:
> >

> > On 11/01/2019 17:23, Greg Trzeciak wrote:
> > > What would be really neat if https://pkgs.racket-lang.org/ would include
> > > date-added to all the packages. This way one could create automatic list
> > > of newly added packages and let's say distribute it in the newsletter
> >
> > Which newsletter are you referring to here?
> >
> > I had been thinking of getting a Racket Newsletter out of the ground but
> > haven't come around to it yet. Have you discussed previously something
> > in this direction? If so, I would like to help.
>
> MHO:
>
> If there is something to post in a form of "newsletter", then I think
> it could as well be posted here - why not - with perrmission from the
> group/moderators. Say, once per month? Bi-weekly?
>
> If the said newsletter is in txt format rather than html, you may want
> to put it into org-mode in Emacs and post it as saved file from
> that.

Text-form is a lot easier to read in security-conscious text-only email
readers.

> See y-tube for a glimpse of what org-mode is up to.  I would
> say, it is very neat tool for hierarchical contents (books, speeches
> etc). Some are using it to prepare presentations, and I guess it could
> be used for blogging (i.e. writing posts and converting them to actual
> markup later). I use it "as is" for a very primitive personal wiki
> (might improve some if I sit on it and add some code - primitive it is
> but it works without web server and on vt100 so I will not trade it
> for anything "better" - YMMV).

I tried org-mode.  More unobvious keystroke sequences to follow, in
addition to the ones I learned decades ago and are now muscle memory.
And when I transformed it to other formats (probably html, but possibly
pdf) I ended up with many huge headers that took so much space that the
document was quite unreadable.  Perhaps I just don't know how to use it
properly.

I found markdown to be a lot better for nested point-form work, even
though emacs won't collapse or expanding subtrees.  (or will it?  If so
I don't know of it)

How does scribble do this?  Does it look good in source form?

-- hendrik