On Friday, February 8, 2019 at 5:16:31 PM UTC+8, Jens Axel Søgaard wrote:

> Den ons. 6. feb. 2019 kl. 12.33 skrev James Geddes <james....@gmail.com
> <javascript:>>:
>
>> There was a recent discussion on this list about the Racket guides and
>> manuals. Without wishing to comment on the suggestions therein, I did want
>> to say what I really, really like about the Racket documentation.
>>
>> There are two things. The first is that the Reference is — and I know
>> this sounds odd — true: when I want to know something, I look it up in the
>> Reference, and there I find the truth and the whole truth about the thing.
>> I don’t know how this is made to happen, but I find it extraordinarily
>> helpful. It’s not an intuitive explanation, or an analogy, or a description
>> in vague language: it’s the truth. (And it’s organised very well so I know
>> where to look.)
>>
>> The second thing I like is the concision of the Guide. It is readable,
>> and may well contain intuitive explanations and ways to think about things,
>> yet it does so with economy.

>> Thank you to everyone who has worked on the documentation.
>>

> Very well put.
>
> Besides the reference and the guide it would be wonderful to see a series
> of tutorials.
> We have some (on pict and the web-server), but more is better.
>
> Given the recent discussion on the strengths of Racket, a tutorial on GUIs
> would be nice.
> Alex Harsanyi - are you persuadable?

There is already a tutorial and overview document for the GUI libraries [1],
which provides a nice introduction to the topic.  I don't think it is any
less
good than the web server tutorial.

What I think is missing, are "beyond the basics" topics, and this is what I
tried to address with my blog posts.  I have a few other ideas for posts
about
GUI topics, next one will be ready in a week or so.

If anyone has any ideas of small self contained topics for GUI blog posts, I
am happy to consider them, but keep in mind that these topics need to be
small
and self contained -- in my previous racket-users post I made a modest
proposal for improving the documentation, but the people who responded
raised
the bar higher and higher, until someone suggested a complete documentation
overhaul.  I realized that I am way over my head on that topic, so I pulled
out...

[1] https://docs.racket-lang.org/gui/windowing-overview.html

> Your blog is great:   https://alex-hhh.github.io/tags/racket.html

I am glad you like it :-)