Hi All,

I'm resurrecting this thread to ask if anyone in the Racket community has
Apache Arrow on their radar. It seems like Apache Arrow might be gaining
steam.

Apache Arrow is a cross-language development platform for in-memory data.
> It specifies a standardized language-independent columnar memory format for
> flat and hierarchical data, organized for efficient analytic operations on
> modern hardware. It also provides computational libraries and zero-copy
> streaming messaging and interprocess communication. Languages currently
> supported include C, C++, C#, Go, Java, JavaScript, MATLAB, Python, R,
> Ruby, and Rust. [Source
> <https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/the-apache-software-foundation-announces46>
> ]

I have no clue what it would take to make Racket a supported language. I
also don't have a sense of what kind of demand the Racket community has for
this sort of thing. Just curious if anyone is thinking about a Racket and
Apache Arrow pairing.

Thanks,

Travis