Generate multiples of those and combine them (shifting old ones over
and adding new ones as the lowest digits)?

I'm not sure of a good way to generate nats uniformly at random where
you don't specify an upper bound, but Neil Toronto suggested something
crazy we used this paper:
http://users.cs.northwestern.edu/~robby/pubs/papers/jfp2017-nfmf.pdf

Robby