Thanks, Ben.

The weird thing is that (require slideshow) doesn't cause problems when I
run that file in Racket, or when I the docs with scribble. It's only a
problem when I use raco setup.

My assumption is that raco setup is supposed to build my docs in the same
way I could have done myself (e.g. by running scribble).  Is that the wrong
mental model on my part?   It always surprises me when my code seems to be
working fine until I do a raco setup.  This doesn't happen often, but when
it does, it makes me feel like it must be a Racket bug.

I guess I'd like to know if I'm looking at things the right way in that
regard.

More specifically... is this slideshow thing a Racket bug or my own?  If
it's my own bug, how should I adjust my mental model?

I've always assumed that any correct Racket code can be run during setup's
documentation-building time.  If this isn't true, how can I know which
Racket code can be used in this way and which can't?