> On Apr 23, 2019, at 2:45 PM, Matthew Flatt <mfl...@cs.utah.edu> wrote:
>
> At Tue, 23 Apr 2019 23:39:04 +0200, Ryan Culpepper wrote:
>> It looks like natipkg Racket includes libharfbuzz.so.0, not
>> libharfbuzz.so.1 (see [1]). So try changing the unix line to
>>
>>     [(unix) (ffi-lib "libharfbuzz" '("0" ""))]
>>
>> instead.
>
> Right.
>
> Just to elaborate a little, there is no "libharfbuzz.so.1", so by using
> '("1" "") you end up picking up "libharfbuzz.so" from the OS instead of
> the "libharfbuzz.so.0" natipkg build, and the pkg-build OS is old.

Yes, that advice cleared the error on the Racket package server.

But now it fails on Travis with a similar error (I know you are not Travis
support, but let's pretend Travis represents an arbitrary Linux user who might
use this package):

ffi-obj: couldn't get "hb_buffer_add_codepoints" from "libharfbuzz.so.0"
(/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libharfbuzz.so.0: undefined symbol:
hb_buffer_add_codepoints)

IIUC, even though I'm now invoking "libharfbuzz.so.0" explicitly, in this case
the Travis server OS has its own "libharfbuzz.so.0" that is conflicting with
the one furnished by Racket.

So is there a way to be even more specific about which "libharfbuzz.so.0" I
load with `define-runtime-lib`?