I guess I don't fully understand what you're trying to accomplish. In
general, a Racket package might live inside some git repository on the
file system, but Racket wouldn't necessarily know anything about that.

If you want "best-effort checksum associated with this code in some
way" then combining the information from `pkg-info` with calling the
git binary is probably necessary. If you want "the checksum used to
install this package" then if the package checksum in #f it doesn't
exist.

Sam