I believe the reason Scribble is slow on your file has to do with
algorithms and logic in Scribble that have poor performance characteristics
on large files, and nothing at all to do with the fact that Scribble is
implemented in Racket. With a reproducible performance benchmark for
running Scribble on large files, I'm sure a dedicated Scribble expert could
do a lot to optimize the internals of Scribble and fix the performance
problems you're experiencing. That said, I'm no Scribble expert.