Thanks for clearing this up. If I understand correctly, the following
happens:

- the servlet raises an exception
- this is caught by the default exception handler
- it prints the traceback and exception message to standard output which I
see (and which made me realize an exception had been raised), and it passes
the response to the servlet-tester. However, the exception didn't bubble up
to check-not-exn

Since I can't turn off the exception handling of the servlets, I have to
look at the output to find that an exception was thrown. Could I pass a
different exception-handler to the test-servlet, which would return
something easier (and more robust) to check whether an exception was thrown
or not? Or should I bundle the servlet into a lambda for this, and have an
exception-handler in that lambda that simply outputs "exception-raised" or
some such? Otherwise I can of course parse the output, but that seems a
little more error-prone.

Thanks