The docs for semaphores say this:

In general, it is impossible using only semaphore-wait to implement the
> guarantee that either the semaphore is decremented or an exception is
> raised, but not both. Racket therefore supplies semaphore-wait/enable-break
> (see Semaphores), which does permit the implementation of such an exclusive
> guarantee.

I understand the purpose of semaphore-wait/enable-break, but there's
something about semaphore-wait that confuses me: why does it allow breaking
at all? My understanding is that if breaks are enabled, semaphore-wait
still tries to block and decrement the counter, even though a break at any
time could destroy the integrity of the semaphore. Does that mean it's not
kill-safe to use a semaphore as a lock? Wouldn't it be safer if
semaphore-wait automatically disabled breaks while waiting?