Oh, an addendum: I would be remiss not to mention the excellent paper on the
design of Haskell’s asynchronous exception system, which provides both examples
of problems in the wild and more general elaboration on both the design space
and the particular point within it the authors chose for Haskell. The paper is
“Asynchronous Exceptions in Haskell” by Marlow, Peyton Jones, Moran, and Reppy,
and it is available here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/asynch-exns.pdf

<https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/asynch-exns.pdf>

Another thing worth reading is this recent blog post by Simon Marlow (the first
author of the aforementioned paper) on asynchronous exceptions:

https://simonmar.github.io/posts/2017-01-24-asynchronous-exceptions.html