It is an internal function of the math package
https://github.com/racket/math/blob/cdc64390f1e7b75de9575a91f0ec3a31f7878530/math-lib/math/private/bigfloat/mpfr.rkt#L587that
is used to show bigfloats.

I can't reproduce the error in Windows, but it doesn't look like an error
that is platform dependent. Are you running this in DrRacket or in the
command line? Any unusual configuration?

Is the code available? Can you send a minimized example? Try to remove as
much as you can (including all the secret sauce if it is an internal
project). Any example that shows the error would be very helpful, but if
you can reduce the example to a hundred of lines it would be nice. And
shorter examples are better, even if the code makes no sense.

Gustavo