I was successful with MIT Scheme placing (trace proc) inside the closure of
this code.  Placing (trace proc) outside the closure did not have any
effect.

This is the question I'm asking.  Is it possible to trace without modifying
the closure?

I ask due to forward thinking about software engineering practices and
modifying code (although it could be argued in C a preprocessor block could
be placed to compile in or out conditional macros blocks).

Thanks again