There was a very interesting thread on #beginners about speed of Racket
https://racket.slack.com/archives/C09L257PY/p1587535427171800?thread_ts=1587488943.145200&channel=C09L257PY&message_ts=1587535427.171800
What I took away from the discussion is beginners get the *impression*
Racket is slow due to some design decisions a in DrRacket:
•  Debugging is on by default (hidden in #lang dialog under ‘advanced’)
• The Run button includes debugging (unlike other IDE’s)
• The Debug button steps through the code- but does it turn on debugging
and profiling if they are turned off? (I don’t think so but I’m not sure)

I’m not suggesting the design decisions are wrong - but I’m interested in
working on DrRacket code to try improve the experience for all users.

Kind regards
Stephen

--
----