Hi,

  I apologize in advance if my questions are naïve or have been asked
previously. I read the 'Building Racket from Source' guide and couldn't
find answers to some specific questions. I'm new to Git.

  I'd like to download DrRacket's source and profile it, say to improve
scrolling performance or track this post-startup lock-up :
- Do I need to download the entire Racket tree in order to build DrRacket?
- Is the DrRacket's built-in profiler solid enough to handle profiling
DrRacket itself?
- Modules in DrRacket's repo don't always have very telling names. Is there
a document describing what each module does?
- If I make a change to a source file on my system, yet somebody else
modifies the same file on their local system. Say both of our changes are
accepted by whoever manages commits, how will accepted changes to the code
merged?

  Also, say I have a suggestion regarding how DrRacket handles compiling
standalone executables, do I still need to create an issue on its Github?
For work I compile to standalone all day long, and I really wish DrRacket
didn't zip the resulting file (it would be better to have the .exe file in
an automatically created /bin or /output folder). Zipping the file takes
time, and I have to unzip it each time, which takes more time, this piles
up when done every few minutes, all day long. I could use raco exe, but I'd
rather stay in DrRacket, and I'm sure many people would rather have the
default behavior to not zip, just to have single responsibility on the
compile function.

 One last questions: I have encountered differences in the behavior of
macros between the REPL, a launcher and a standalone executable for
distribution. Is there a document outlining the deeper differences between
these three ways of executing Racket code?

Have a great weekend, wherever you're confined,

Dexter