> I now very little about web technologies and web development, so this might
> be a stupid question:  could you explain what types of applications might
> need a to parse CSS files?

Linters and minifiers.

Linters are proofreaders for your code. They need to parse code to alert users
to things like two items not being alphabetized, or inconsistent indentation. A
good linter for CSS in particular is https://stylelint.io

Minifiers rewrite code to use the fewest possible characters. Good CSS
minifiers need a parser to find repetition in some styles, and reorganize them
accordingly.

> Are you working towards a web browser in Racket?

Gosh, no. A bare-bones browser is a summer project if you rush. A GOOD browser
is a monstrous piece of software and I couldn't dream of implementing one
without a dedicated team.

My needs are a little different. Right now if I move my website's files around,
all of my files "follow" each other by updating their own relative paths. The
part that does that for my CSS is precariously balanced on regular expressions.
Having a CSS parser helps me do that better, and it gives me more processing
options as a bonus. So if I later want to implement a minifier or a small
linter, I can do so.

~slg