I wrote a little flashcard program in Racket to help myself learn Czech
vocabulary (here: https://github.com/rmculpepper/racket-jazyk), and when
run on a Mac it uses `say` for audio. IIRC, I had to install extra "voice"
packages for Czech, but that consisted of clicking a few buttons in
Settings.

Ryan