Thanks, that makes sense. Google search turned up "Persistent Lookup Table"
(Erlang) and "Pretty Little Thing, and my quazi-dislexic brain at first
turned it into PTL with even more stranger connotations :-)  I seem to have
read somewhere that it might even have some sort of permutation of the
latter. Maybe some questions are best left unanswered.