Sam thank you. Your suggestions mostly worked. At least I was able to
unbork my installation. Steps taken:
- install the regular `rackunit`
⇒ still reported a bunch of errors re missing typet/rackunit
- raco pkg update --clone extra-pkgs/rackunit
⇒ took its sweet time, also produce similar errors

Code runs and appear to pull the right rackunit collection and I no longer
see "regular" rackunit-* inside share/pkgs.

Now about that typed/rackunit module that other dependents fail to locate.
That's def part of rackunit repo which is installed as cloned and indeed
rackunit/rackunit-typed declare itself as part of the `typed` collection,
so `typed/rackunit` should be available and yet:
- raco fc -i typed/rackunit
⇒ fails to find it

Not a blocker for me but somewhat surprising.

Thank you again for your help Sam.
Ditto Ben Greenman