I have an existing c++ app that is entirely event-loop driven with epoll
and I am trying to figure out how to integrate Racket in the same thread
and allow the existing code to work as-is.  I have read the docs about the
C api and the FFI but so far a straightforward and clean option is not
apparent to me.  The 'embedding' examples that I see appear rather opaque
to me and at best seem to be geared towards an external loop based on
select() rather than epoll(), so I'm assuming that the more straightforward
approach would be to add the existing event handlers onto Racket's event
system.  To that end, it seems there should be a way to register the fd's
of interest with Racket and receive a callback when they are read-ready but
I can't see a way to do that.  For example, how would I maintain a list of
fds to pass to (sync) if I went that route?  Or if it's better to work it
the other way, how would I call (sync) from c code and apply the list of
fds to it?  I vaguely can see a way towards it but it seems at best super
inefficient.  Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Bob Kocisko