Something was wrong. The pkg-builder service stopped working a week ago
due to network trouble. I rebooted it.

Meanwhile, I now realize that I haven't been getting the service-status
email that would have alerted me, because my department's SMTP
configuration changed a week ago. That's now fixed, too.