Two thoughts: after installing ispell, did they restart DrRacket? In their
shell, when they install ispell, what path is located at? (The second
question is because the normal way one starts up DrRacket, it does not
inherit the PATH settings that one gets in the Terminal window, so DrRacket
has to have a list of likely places to look and it may be missing one or
two or a dozen for all I know. :)

Robby