I am trying to use `(current-process-memory 'cumulative)` to determine the
total memory used by an application, including the memory that was
reclaimed by the garbage collector.  I would expect the results from the
call to be constantly increasing, and this is indeed the case at a "global"
scale:

[image: Screenshot 2020-12-16 084728.png]
However, occasionally, there seems to be a drop in the reported memory use,
as shown, if I zoom in the plot.  The drops are about 8Mb each and there
are about 20 of them for a program that makes 1 million calls.

[image: Screenshot 2020-12-16 084522.png]

At first, I thought this is a bug in the way I collect the data (and there
might be a bug), but I can't seem to spot it, so I am wondering if my
expectation is correct that `(current-process-memory 'cumulative)` will
always report increasing results?

In case this is important, I am using Racket 7.9 CS on a Windows machine.

Thanks,
Alex.