Hello Racketeers,

it's been a while since I was doing some serious GUI work but for one of
my current work projects the time has come and surprise surprise -
troubles on the way :)

When a button is created like:

(new button% (label "&Quit") ...)

everything works as expected. The #\q key becomes a keyboard shortcut
that triggers the callback correctly.

But when the string label is given in the list of icon and label like:

(new button% (label (close-icon) "&Quit" 'left) ...)

The "&" is left intact and no action is triggered by pressing the #\q
character on the keyboard.

The documentation clearly states both alternatives as supported: "If &
occurs in label (when label includes a string), it is specially parsed;
...". Am I doing something wrong or is it a bug?

If I look at the right source for my platform -
gui-lib/mred/private/wx/gtk/button (Linux/X11/Gtk), in both cases
gtk_new_with_mnemonic is used. Seems OK to me.

Any ideas what I might have overlooked?

Cheers,
Dominik