Suppose I have a function that tests for some condition, e.g.

(define current-user (make-parameter #f))
(define (current-user-set?) (not (false? (current-user)))

What is the best way to say "wait until 'current-user-set?' returns true"?
I've been through the Events chapter in the Reference and nothing seems
like a great fit.  I could do polling via sleep or alarm-evt but that seems
inefficient.  Is there a better way?