That answers my question.  Thank you.

Jeff

On 4/8/21 6:07 PM, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt wrote:
No, pkgs.racket-lang.org <http://pkgs.racket-lang.org> doesn't keep track of old checksums (or other old metadata) for packages.

If you want that information (or in fact the actual copies of old packages) then I recommend Bogdan Popa's racksnaps.

Sam

On Thu, Apr 8, 2021, 8:57 PM Jeff Henrikson <jehenri...@gmail.com <mailto:jehenri...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Sam,

    Thanks for the help.

    >> Could it be that the package service is actually deleting old
    versions of packages when new ones are uploaded?
    > The package service doesn't host any packages at all; just the
    > metadata about them and pointers to where they are stored.

    This is an interesting answer, but it's an answer to a question
    slightly
    different from the one I intended.  Please allow me to refine my
    question:

    For a given package, does the package service hold information about
    historical versions, or only information about the latest version?

    Jeff

    > On 3/17/21 11:02 AM, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt wrote:
    > On Wed, Mar 17, 2021 at 1:58 PM Jeff Henrikson
    <jehenri...@gmail.com <mailto:jehenri...@gmail.com>> wrote:
    >> Thanks for the help.
    >>
    >>> In fact there are two concepts here, and part of what I think
    confused you is something I just discovered this week and plan to
    report as a bug: https://pkgs.racket-lang.org/pkgs-all
    <https://pkgs.racket-lang.org/pkgs-all> does not include the
    package's version . . .
    >> It seems that the issue you raise applies more generally than
    to /pkgs-all.  See appended below curl commands that show that the
    package version is also missing in the response to a request for
    information on a specific package.

    >> Could it be that the package service is actually deleting old
    versions of packages when new ones are uploaded?
    > The package service doesn't host any packages at all; just the
    > metadata about them and pointers to where they are stored.
    >
    > Sam

    Groups "Racket Users" group.
    send an email to racket-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
    <mailto:racket-users%2bunsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.