Hi Nathaniel,

The binary output of dctimestep is just a dump of float (or double) values in
memory, and can be read into a float (or double) array using fread(), or the
Radiance equivalent, getbinary().

I don't know what System.Text.Encoding.ASCII.GetBytes() does, but it's probably
the wrong thing.  You need to make sure you are reading the file in a binary
mode, otherwise Windows likes to convert "\r\n" sequences to "\n", which will
mess up your input.

I also don't know how the BitConverter class works, but you need to be sure it
isn't swapping bytes.

I would recommend instead calling:

        _setmode(_fileno(fp),_O_BINARY);
        while (fread(rgb, sizeof(double), 3, fp) == 3) {
                process(rgb);
        }

Cheers,
-Greg