> I think I can agree with this.  It has almost become second nature to
> change the home page to reset the cache.  I have noticed this with
> changing snippets (which should clear cache - I had asked
> this earlier)
> and then clearing the cache.  No go!  It doesn't update the home page.

Well the code is fairly straightforward. The only thing that I can
think of that might interrupt it would be file permissions in the
cache dir.

When you click clear cache, is there anything left in your cache directory?

What about if you run (as the same user your server runs as):

ruby script/console
ResponseCache.instance.clear

What if you run that again as a different user?

Dan