On 2008/01/30, at 07:45, Sean Cribbs wrote:

> No, you'll probably have to change the search extension to accommodate
> this, or write some tags of your own in a separate extension.
> Although
> the core of the multi_site functionality is in the extension, we also
> used it to restrict controllers to specific domains and invoked the
> Site
> model in other areas of the code.

I had a look at both extensions and took an hour to see if I could
bend them
into shape. After failing for an hour I decided it was non-trivial
enough to
set aside for now. I will give it another try again once edge isn't
required
to run multi_site, with the Rails 2 branch getting into trunk and all
the
changes I imagine are coming it seems like the wrong time for me to
try this.

Fortunately, I only had one site making use of search and the other
sites
aren't too heavy on pages so for now I just added a "no-search" page
part.
Obviously not ideal but gets close enough particularly considering it's
overall negligible impact.

> It is also not always a trivial matter to add a tag around some
> other tag
> to achieve the effect you want.

The most trivial approach at this point seems like just switching to an
external search service.

> Anyway, I will look into what would be required to make them
> compatible.
>
> Sean

Thanks again for your work.

john