Please don't take my answers as gospel - but I hope they help. Perhaps
some others could offer some helpful insight here...

See answers below:

Jasper Kooij wrote:
> Thanks Chris,
>
> I will check it out.
>
> Also I will keep notes on my first development of a website. I've found
> lots of info on extensions. Layout building info seems sparse I'll
> contribute.
>
> I'm not new to CMS's, I've done a number of sites on drupal so i'm
> getting my bearings. I like the natural content organization of the cms.
>
> I've went through the install ok on my site with site5. In the end i've
> downloaded the entire install rather then the gem install. The admin
> kept reporting that I had version 0.6.1.
>
> I do have 3 questions, maybe you can help me get directly to the info
>
> 1. how can I construct a contact form, it that the mailer extension?

Yes, the mailer extension is the one I've heard of most (though never
used).  Others may be able to chime in with additional solutions (and
which ones work with the most recent version of Radiant).

I've been talking with an individual on the core team about a more
general forms solution for Radiant but that is still in *early* pre-alpha.

> 2. does any of the editors (tinymce, fckeditor or wym) work with images
> uploads?

There are a couple of image upload solutions out there and there are
several content editor extensions too.  I'd go to the content editor
extension developers directly about adding in images directly.  Seems
like someone mentioned the capability (though I'm not sure if the
solution was publicly available).

Anyone else here?

> 3. can a user role be added of a "member" to the site?

Radiant isn't really geared that way - though you could extend it to do
so.  There was a recent discussion on this (try searching the mailing
list for "Role Based Access Control").  I think the consensus was that
membership and admin users are separate things (and the former are up to
you to build).

> Jasper
>
> btw the wiki  seems to be inaccessible alot. Any idea why?

No idea - been seeing that too.

-Chris