I just added a module to the SiteController the other day for the
first time (thanks Cribbs).  I overwrite one of the methods actually.
Here is a sample of my module:

module TunaSiteOverride
  def self.included(base)
    base.class_eval do
      alias_method_chain :show_page, :tuna_site_override
    end
  end

  def show_page_with_ tuna_site_override
    # Code in here
  end
end

And here is my extension:

class TunaExtension < Radiant::Extension
  def activate
    SiteController.send :include, TunaSiteOverride
  end
end

What are the exact errors you are getting?  I am curious as to where
it is failing in the SiteController.  As for what is new in 0.6.6, no
clue.  I am JUST starting to hack into it :)

On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 12:50 PM, Chris Parrish
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Ok, I've got a weird one here.  In an extension, I'm attempting to add a
> method or two to SiteController.  I do this in the extension activate method
> like:
>
>  def activate
>   SiteController.send :include, SiteControllerMods
>  end
>
> Then, in /lib/site_controller_mods.rb I define a module to add methods,
> like:
>
>  module SiteControllerMods
>  end
>
> Even without adding any methods, Radiant doesn't like this -- the built-in
> SiteController specs start to fail left and right.  I've used this approach
> in the past and it worked just fine -- what changed with 0.6.6?
>
> Could this be something to do with Rails 2.0? Or maybe a conflict with
> rSpec?
>
> Is there a better approach?
>
> -Chris

\m/^.^\m/
"Some scientists claim that hydrogen,
because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe.
I dispute that.
I say that there is more stupidity than hydrogen,
and that is the basic building block of the universe."
-Frank Zappa