On Sun, 2008-05-18 at 17:06 +0200, Torleif Berger wrote:
> How can I upgrade radiant to the new version 0.6.7 on DreamHost?
>
> I do gem update radiant, and it works for a while, then ends with
> Killed ( ? ).

Dreamhost runs a procwatch daemon that kills any process that takes
"excessive" memory. Most gem processes (update, install, etc.) use a lot
of memory when checking dependencies. The way I've worked around this in
the past is to install the gem manually and resolve dependencies myself.

Download the gem file, then from the directory containing the gem run:

gem install --local gem_name

I added this note to http://wiki.dreamhost.com/index.php/RubyGems

Best of luck,

Bill