I just wanted to mention that I just noticed this change and am glad to see it implemented in core as well. It eliminates the need for my page_meta extension.

I too, like the inheritance idea (an optional attribute of the tag) but I would also like to see a feature I had implemented in my extension.

I the 'tag' attribute (mine was 'as_tag'), I had allowed true | false | unless_blank for the reverse case that Jamey is mentioning. I have sites where I *don't* want keywords to inherit. They need to be explicitly defined or else the page gets none. So, by using the 'unless_blank' option, I was able to prevent the page from kicking out an empty set of <meta> tags. I'd be happy to write up a patch for this if others think that this would be helpful.

-Chris

Jamey Cribbs wrote:
First of all, thanks very much to the dev team for all of the latest
release activity.  It is greatly appreciated!

I do have a question about the new metatags fields for keywords and
description.  These work great, but I noticed that there is no way to
set them to inherit (unless I am missing something).  It does not look
like you can set these fields on a parent page and have the children
inherit them.  I thought that this would be the desired behavior, but
maybe I am missing something.

Thanks.

Jamey Cribbs